Tuesday, November 23, 2004

For the past few years, Jim and I have been blessed with either hosting or contributing heavily to our Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. And I truly enjoy all that it entails. I have made laminated place mats for every member of the family with individual and special occasion pictures. The Lord of the Rings goblets we collected from Burger King a few years ago hold the traditional egg nog or almond tea. Each one also has a switch at the base that produces a red glow. For Christmas, the tree ornaments, the various serving dishes and recipes help us recall beloved people and cherished events from of our family history.

This year we will be blessed in a different way. We are skipping Thanksgiving and Christmas. In fact I think that would make a good title for a movie. : )

But I see it as a blessing and think it will be easier to live within my Weight Watcher points as I won't have to offend anyone for not partaking of his or her contribution to our feast.

I also see it as a time to focus on some of our remodeling projects instead on preparing the house for company.

Also, it will be a time of blessing in that I should have opportunity to withdraw and be alone with God. My life longs for a reprieve from some of the responsibilities I have had to assume. My nerves have been ragged and my temper short. I desperately desire a "season of refreshing."


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Now I won't feel so guilty if I don't get a Christmas tree!!!!!

My friend, Brenda, and her husband are delivering hot meals on Thanksgiving! I think I would like to do that next year!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

I love this idea! Of course I still let someone else do all the worrying and fretting and I just have to show up! At least for Thanksgiving. I hope your time of reprieve brings you the peace you seek! Blessings for Thanksgiving

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home