Thursday, August 12, 2004

Successes, failures, adventures, events, memories, gains, losses....These make up the fabric of our lives. And when we share with others, we invite them to become part of our community or participate in our personal communion with God and Life.

When I wrote about WW and received so many responses, I felt valued and inspired to press forward. Your testimonies to your experience encouraged me.

This week, I brought a friend with me to WW. She is our elementary counselor, about my age, and is usually never more than a phone call or an IM away. She may be doing better with the points this week than I am. No doubt, our camaraderie will help get both of us through the week.

So far, we have walked, visited the frozen food section of United to check out all the low point dinners and treats, and called each other for support.

I fully expect to lose 2 lbs this week! : )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just stay with it! I have sheltered myself from the real world for the first 4 weeks and tonight I am letting myself be tested. I am going to a Southern Living home party at the home of a friend and I'm going to have to turn down a lot of that party food. Doesn't it help SO MUCH to have someone to share with?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Kathy:

I emailed you my phone number. I am glad that your recovery from your hospital stay is going so well.

TL:

Good luck at your Southern Living party. Yes, it helps to have a buddy.

This last week was my daughter and son-in-law's birthdays. We had a combined celebration on Monday. Our menu was very WW friendly. We had steak, corn-on-the-cob w/ spray parkay, and grilled squash and zucchini. For dessert, we had those chocolate vita muffins and I put a candle on each one.

BTW, my son-in-law also just joined the WW family. : )

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home