Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I have been struggling with a situation that was depleting my energy and just plain frustrating me. It usually comes down to trying to change things that are either not in my control to change or wanting someone to change -- again which is not in my power, even if it would bring the other person a greater quality of life.

I know I have been lifted up in prayer by several friends and my elders, who have been true spiritual leaders in every sense of the word. I also surfed myself to Sara's blog and felt renewed in my spirit by her vision of bringing hope to the hopeless and intervening in broken lives through an approach that focuses on strengths and solutions, instead of dysfunction and blame. I needed to hear that today. It is the message of the gospel.

This tired, 48 year-old was feeling pretty ragged and burdened after a weekend of disappointment. I needed the gift that this young, vibrant 23 year-old young woman offered in her writing. I needed to be reminded of what is working, instead of what isn't. And, after a week of pure joy with a son, daughter-in-law and a grandson whose lives are devoted to their Creator, how could I give place to anything but love?

I feel refreshed in my spirit. I am at peace. I know God is in control.

Thank you, Father, for friends, spiritual leaders and those we may never know except through their words of grace and hope. Thank you for that word of encouragement wherever we find it and may I always be that light of encouragement to another who is feeling broken in spirit and shattered by the obstacles in their path.



http://saradarling.blogspot.com/2004/07/been-awhile.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Mae said...

"Take tender care for those who are weak...Keep on praying." 1 Thes. 5:14 & 17
Paul's message rings as true today as it did over 2,000 years ago. I hope that you are truly uplifted and sorry that you had a crummy weekend. I'm praying for you and whatever situation is on your heart. Sara does offer encouraging words, but you do as well my friend.
Take care and have a better tomorrow! :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Mae,

Thanks! You are a treasure. Yes, I am feeling better. And I think I was able to finally help another family member to "let go" of what is not in our power to fix. So now, that is two for the price of one. : )

God is faithful.

......and you have a great day! Hugs, Serena

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home