Saturday, June 26, 2004

This has been a tough day for me. My office has been piled high for a long time with stacks and stacks of papers and documents that need to be sorted and filed. I have worked on it most of the day and it doens't look any better. It is times like these that I need something to brighten my mood. Maybe a joke? Well here is one my daughter shared with me recently:

There was a man of some wealth whom God told was going to die. The man asked God if he could take some of his possessions to heaven with him. God told him that it was against the rules.

The man pleaded and finally God relented and told him he could take one suitcase with him. The man was rather fond of his gold, so he filled a suitcase with bullion and then prepared to die.

Peter met the man at the gate, noticed his suitcase and told the man he could not bring it past the entrance. The man told Peter he had special permission, so Peter went to check it out. Coming back, Peter said that as unusual as it was, it had been cleared, but first he would have to inspect the bag. Opening it up, Peter fell back and started laughing. He finally exclaimed, "You brought.....PAVEMENT?"

2 Comments:

Blogger John Owens said...

Serena, hey, thanks for checking out my Blog. I am enjoying your posts as well. The best part of this Blogging craze is meeting new people and finding new thoughts. I look forward to more writings about your journey.

Grace & peace,

jon owen (the nutty guy who tricked everybody on Cope's Blog)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Thanks for dropping by, Jon! Have a great day!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home