Thursday, June 23, 2005

We closed on our house Tuesday and are starting the process of carting all of our possessions 2 1/2 blocks over. It is a smaller house, smaller bedrooms and we are going to have to have a garage sell. The back yard is gorgeous. When I am surrounded by its beauty, time stands still.....

I was initially wanting to move some place temporarily until we could finish the part of the house we had gutted and then finish gutting the rest, but I sense in my heart that I will never move back into it, so it is time to downsize and move on. I really love this new house, its location and its back yard. Jim told me that it has long been his favorite house in all of Post.

I wonder if I will wake up one morning, walk out to the back yard and simply forget to go to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we've got company and I'm way behind on keeping up with my blogs, but wanted to wish you well in your move. We haven't moved into a smaller house in the past 13 years, but have greatly "downsized" in getting rid of tons of stuff because of our house flooding 10 years ago and again 4 years ago.

I even have some half empty closets! We just hope we never flood again or can find another, smaller house we can afford in the meantime.

Good luck with your move. Having done it three times now in the past 13 years, we absolutely HATE it! We wouldn't want to move now except for all the trauma from flooding and having to move out on very short notice and then back in a month or two later! it's not fun, let me tell you!

And, it's in your other post, but happy birthday to your son. Sounds like they are making quite a move themselves! What is he going to be doing and who is he going to work for?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Hi Dee,

Michael will be working for Kaiser in a suburb of Sacramento. He will be in a group with 30 other physicians.

I still have a lot of stuff to throw away. When I get tired of packing, I simply go over and sit in my new back yard. Today after spying a hummingbird in the trees, I bought a hummingbird feeder.

I know it must have been difficult for you to suffer all that damage to your home.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home