Thursday, May 19, 2005

I returned last week from seeing my newest grandbaby, Jenna Xylia Voss. She is a cutie! This makes 4 grandchildren for Jim and me. They are: Dacia, Saidee, Mason and Jenna. I will publish pictures later.....

It is official! Jim and I are moving. Well, actually, we are only moving 2 1/2 blocks from where we are currently living and have been since August '89. The newer house is smaller than our current one, the bedrooms are smaller, but it has a better yard for grandkids. Before I had left for SC, I had seen the "For Sale" sign and thought I would check it out after I got back. Jim also saw the sign and was very interested. We are scheduled to close June 1st.

I know our furniture won't look the same in this new house. We will need to get rid of a lot of stuff, but that's okay, too. It is time.....it is just time!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've really missed you, Serena! Glad you're back.

Our house has flooded twice in the past 10 years - first time 10 years ago and second 4 years ago - and let me tell you, when that happens, you get rid of a LOT of stuff.

I now have closets without much in them at all and in the past few years have really unloaded a ton of things. It feels great to do so, too.

Hope your move goes well. You're going to be busy!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Congrats on the new home!!! Brandon and I have sold our first home and are in the process of packing ~ we're moving in the morning (only it's about 90 miles instead of 2 1/2 blocks) so I'm doing what any responsible, procrastinating wife would do... blogging! :) Selling for us has been a difficult process to get through, emotionally speaking, esp. b/c it is our first home. Silly how we have gotten attached to such material things, but it's true and also sad.

Purge, purge, purge!!! Imagine you're on Mission: Organization and LET IT GO!!!! :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Best wishes on the move; I've missed your posts, too. I'll second mae's advice: do the "Mission: Organization" thing ... you may not have the most enthusiastic show host on television to help out, but it will still be fun!

(Of course, there's Ty Pennington ... maybe Gail O'Neill is the second most enthusiastic show host on tv ....)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Thanks for all the well-wishing. Yes, I plan to simplify, simplify, simplify!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home