Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My ways are not your ways..........Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding....... Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord......... This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

A good friend reminded me of all of this today. I have been going through a tough time. The results of my Kobiashi Maru are still out.

Most of us have heard the story about the boy who was afraid of the dark. His mom tried to quell his fears with the reminder that God was with him. He responded, "Yeah, but I just need someone with skin."

This week, it has meant a lot to me to read passages of comfort, but it has meant even more to me to have someone in the flesh to write or read these words of comfort to me. God gives us the gift to be his ambassadors, and I truly appreciate those who have shared this gift with me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Serena,

Do you correspond with Lee? She's going through a lot right now, too. I can't help but think that what you would have to say to her would mean far more than anything I could!

Know that my prayers are still with you ... you and your Kobyashi Maru.

Your brother,

Keith

6:20 PM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Thanks, Keith. Your encouragement means a lot. I will check out Lee's blog.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

There are times when we just need somebody with skin to share with. There is no greater comfort than knowing someone hears you and can offer you encouragement. You are such a great encourager on yours and others blogs. May you "live long and prosper".

9:11 AM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Donna,

Bless you for saying that!

Love, Serena

9:43 AM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Thank you for that prayer!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home