Thursday, December 16, 2004

Grief is a long journey with many false conclusions. About the time you think you have gotten through it, you realize that you are nowhere near the end.

---------------------------------------------------------

There are two categories of people that I fear: the ones with no experience with your trauma and those who are hurting themselves to such a point that they stab at you in their own pain.

I don't blame those in pain who inadvertantly hurt me, because I am sure I have done the same thing and may never know in this life who all I have been guilty of hurting. But, I do try to stay out of their path if I cannot be an instrument for healing.

There are times, when those people won't let you avoid them, but they won't let you love them either. And, it is at times that I hear the words of Jesus, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." It is not easy to hear these words! It is even more difficult to heed them!

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Thanks ... your post brings to mind some comments by Mike Cope about accepting with grace the attempts at comfort and sympathy offered by others, even when they hurt.

I've learned the hard way over the years that those times when I can't find the words to say are the times God would prefer I'd just clam up and offer a hug instead.

Please consider this an online hug, with gratitude for a timely reminder.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Keith,

Thanks for the hug! I needed that!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home