Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Yesterday was the 3rd time in a little over a month that I have been a part of a crisis/grief counseling team. This time, it involved the death of an 8th grader at a nearby school district. After I returned to my office, I was inundated with parents, students and all those things that piled up while I was out dealing with this unplanned emergency.

One of my sixth graders lost his grandmother over the weekend. She was the world to him. Both she and his granddad have been the stable influence in his life. He goes over there after school in the afternoon and spends most of his weekends with them. This young man has so many things going on with him, but this grandmother could frame and reframe everything from a positive stand point with him. She had the vision to see the "gifts" in his disability. I truly loved my visits with her.

Now she is gone.......

I think about my own grandchildren who have an over abundance of interested family and friends, as well as the people of God, surrounding them. Then I think about this young man who had his grandmother, and now she is gone. He still has a granddad.

And I think about those kids who don't even have that.

Everyday, we have an opportunity to be light and salt. Everyday, we can share God's Love and Presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home