Monday, October 04, 2004

Something to add the the list of good news/bad news scenarios:Friday afternoon, someone from the sheriff's department contacted my office and told me that there had been a call from my home number to 911; that they had dispatched a deputy to respond, since when they called back, the number was busy and they were concerned with whoever had called was still on the line but unable to respond.

When the deputy arrive on my home property, he found the back door opened and proceeded to go in and look around. He looked in every room and in every closet. The good news is no one was there. The bad news is that this deputy saw my house in a real mess! Aagh!

So, what happened and who called 911? Apparently, no one. We had had a deluge of rain the night before and the lines were malfunctioning. Our number "rang" 911 all by itself. Perhaps there was an intellegence at work. Perhaps my phone lines were drowning and the old survival instinct kicked in.

Why was the back door open? Again, don't know for sure, but sometimes, when my husband leaves for work in a hurry, he doesn't pull it shut all the way.But, it was mostly good news--no one hurt, no one inside ransacking the place, the assurance that our law enforcement services are on the job. The only bad news was the part where the deputy saw my messy house!

This deputy is new in town. He was the one who "arrested" me Thursday with the MDA fundraiser. When I went home to see what was going on. I took one look at him and said, "We really have to stop meeting like this."

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Thank goodness no one was in your house. We had an intruder in the middle of the day several years ago. It took me a long time to go home without being apprenshive. My daughter is still afraid of basements from that episode. She is almost 21 now, that happened when she was about 10. Who cares what your house looked like. Glad everything is o.k.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Donna,

I know that had to have been traumatic! Sad that we live in a world where people jeopardize other's safety.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home