Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Muscular Dystrophy Association grabbed me as the lock up for their annual fundraiser. On Thursday, September 30th, I will be arrested, hand-cuffed in front of the entire middle school and taken to jail, if I am not able to post a bond of $1,050.00 to be used to send two kids to MDA camp.

I am not a fund-raiser. I am going on a mission trip this next summer, and I am doing everything I can to pay my own passage so I won't have to send out letters, etc. We had a flower certificate fundraiser and I "bought" my fair share. I have given some as gifts, but still have some left. They can only be used at one florist in Abilene, and I am seldom here during their hours of business. I have participated in work projects to raise funds, but when all is said and done, I am not a fund-raiser.

Still, it is a cute idea. Two years ago, they arrested our principal. He did the entire gang-banger thing and looked rather interesting with his do-rag, but with that baby face, he fooled no one! Perhaps, if he hadn't shaved for a week........

So I wonder if I could raise more money to post bond or if the MDA could raise more to keep me locked up. : )


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home