Friday, October 01, 2004

I have some catching up to do.

Life is good.

I have lost 9 lbs since joining Weight Watchers.

Work has been busy. This year's 6th grade class is one for the records. We appear to have more students who have special needs. We have even had to hire extra staff to shadow some of them one-on-one. I am sure we will see more of this as time goes on. We simply can't keep kids locked up in an E. D. unit and expect them to ever be able to function in a normal classroom.

I was also one of the "chosen" fundraisers for MDA. What that meant was that if I didn't raise my quota, (or bail) they would arrest me and lock me up. Well, I didn't raise all of my "bail", so as they were leading me away, I issued one more plea/demand/ultimatum to my principal: "If you don't raise the rest of my bail, then I guess I will just be gone for the rest of the day!"

I wasn't gone 10 minutes before there was a crisis. And it was one of those situations that truly accentuates how blessed I am as well as brings to mind how swiftly life can change.

More later.....




4 Comments:

Blogger Mae said...

9 lbs? Good job! Glad you're back in blogland action, even if was a swift swoop in. :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'll jump on the WW train too.....I joined online two weeks ago after a visit to the doctor and the news that I'll be a maid of honor in about 8 months. So far I'm doing pretty good - 8.6 pounds down, many more to go!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there on the WW! I reached Lifetime status about 14 years ago and have gone up and down since then but, it's so nice to be able to come back. I am within 2.5 lbs of my lifetime goal right now. Man, that's hard to get off! Especially after the nice folks at the Zoe conference were so nice to provide snacks at every intermission!!!!!!!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Serena Voss said...

Let's all just keep it up and stick to our goals! Even in the face of ZOE type temptations! : )

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home