Wednesday, May 31, 2006

School was out the end of last week. I still have 3 more wks to go on my contract, but it is definitely a different pace.

I am having fun creating/enhancing my backyard to attract butterflies and hummingbirds. There is plenty back there already to attract both: honey suckle, coral honey suckle, trumpet vines, hummingbird feeders, etc. I also bought a lantana and a yellow flowering plant that looks a little like a trumpet vine.

Sunday, I saw my first hummingbird of the season. (I saw one last year.) It was black and looked like a baby -- all skinny and scrawny. I know they are tiny, anyway, but this is t-i-n-y! Then, yesterday, I saw another baby that was lighter in color. I didn't see any distinguishing markings and I didn't have my field glasses out, so I don't know what kind they were.

I love my backyard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Serena dear,

Would you do me a favor? I'd really like to talk w/u by phone. Please call me.

Thanks dear and I pray you're having a wonderful, relaxed, recuperative summer!

Blessings,

Kathy

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home